Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jase Pence View Post
    I told Tim that
    Chuckle, tell'im "Hi" from me and I always thought that the R-2000s were much more reliable. Chuckle1

best, randy

Comment

I want you to know, Jeff, that this picture has given me nightmares... cold sweats.... and possibly a plague of locusts in the garden!! Geeezo Pete. "If 28 cylinders are good, 56 must be great!!"

Did it actually run or was it an empty mockup for giggles?

Best
      Jase
      I have no idea if it ran, or was intended to run, made me grin ... it is truly a "corncob" engine ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hartmann View Post
        truly a "corncob" engine ...
        Chuckls, recalling that a few new F/Es used to just stare in amazement at that magneto selector - try'n to remember, what was it, four mags each engine?

At any rate, "good ole daze",

best, randy

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Sohn View Post

Chuckls, recalling that a few new F/Es used to just stare in amazement at that magneto selector - try'n to remember, what was it, four mags each engine?

At any rate, "good ole daze",

best, randy
          Ours, the -59B, has four mags per engine. The earlier ones (such as on the Hughes HK-4 Spruce Goose) had 7 mags per engine. <evil evil grin> These are *my* good ole daze Randy!!

Best
          Jase

Comment

I told Tim that when we swap engines, I'm taking the shelled out one home for some "forensic investigation " . Luckily I have wreckers, to get 5,000 lbs of engine into my basement

.... but I *really* want to know what shelled first and how to prevent it going forward.
            Atta boy! Go for it! (We want pictures.)

Comment

Terry, other than the engine swallowing great quantities of oil quickly, and EOP going down (EOP stair stepping down happened first, quickly followed by oil quantity dropping, fairly linearly. Feathering was iniatiated shortly thereafter) I have no idea what broke/let go first.

I told Tim that when we swap engines, I'm taking the shelled out one home for some "forensic investigation " . Luckily I have wreckers, to get 5,000 lbs of engine into my basement

I'm also contemplating a "Reno style fundraiser". So much for a piston, so much for an empty cylinder.... but I *really* want to know what shelled first and how to prevent it going forward.

Best
              Jase
              Yeap, figure out what went wrong, and how to add a sensor to tell you that it is happening.

How about Go Fund Me?

Comment

Working...
              X