CAS from armed Caravans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post
    The latest generation of shoulder fired missiles only needs a reflection off the windshield and it's got-cha.
    Who builds them? "Us" or "them"?

I see there are models that are laser guided or even remotely guided, but they seem to require a lot of training and are built by "us" so we're not as likely to come up against them. The soviet stuff seemed to be IR. But that was on a very quick read. I could be overlooking something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
      I didn’t realize how much the Stinger was used in Afghanistan.
      This gives perspective.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wobG_6...ature=youtu.be
      We were selling Stingers to the Afghans back when they were fighting the Russians.

Comment

Yes, I knew we were providing them. Had no idea it was that many. All hush hush at the time, of course. Game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post

Who builds them? "Us" or "them"?

I see there are models that are laser guided or even remotely guided, but they seem to require a lot of training and are built by "us" so we're not as likely to come up against them. The soviet stuff seemed to be IR. But that was on a very quick read. I could be overlooking something.
          The SA-7 was that way in Vietnam. There is always heat.
          I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
          48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
            Yes, I knew we were providing them. Had no idea it was that many. All hush hush at the time, of course. Game changer.
            Charlie Wilson's War

Comment

Working...
            X