• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us...ic-flight.html

I think I smell something...

Essence of Aurora?

- Reams -
    Last edited by Reams Goodloe; 11-03-2020, 00:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Reams Goodloe View Post
      https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us...ic-flight.html

I think I smell something...

Essence of Aurora?
      Could be. I don't know how ADS-B reports very high altitude aircraft. Does it say "ah, it's above FL 510" or does it go higher? Also, how much of a sonic boom does a hypersonic aircraft generate when flying at or altitudes of more than halfway to the Karman Line?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanie Belser View Post
        Also, how much of a sonic boom does a hypersonic aircraft generate when flying at or altitudes of more than halfway to the Karman Line?
        I've heard pretty good booms off obviously hypersonic meteors, likely closer to the line than most aircraft get. LONG time from sight to sound, but it's there.

Anybody know how high the Space Shuttle was when it made its double boom?

Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tackett View Post

I've heard pretty good booms off obviously hypersonic meteors, likely closer to the line than most aircraft get. LONG time from sight to sound, but it's there.

Anybody know how high the Space Shuttle was when it made its double boom?
          It was at about 70,000 feet when we saw it land at White Sands.
          Tom Tyson-A&P

Pilots without Mechanics are just Pedestrians with fancy watches . . .
          ( . . . and Mechanics without Pilots are Unemployed.)

Comment

As per usual, I barely get the language, so leave alone trying to fully understand the Star Trek content. Still, this could serve as a "Hi!!! Life got on the way at the precise point when we were changing binary shapes -and still is-, but HI nonetheless! "...

I'd say it was a Borg Sphere and we should send me to their estimated landing point to bore and confuse their way out of this part of the galaxy. "Adaptation to incredible randomness is futile, you steampunk cyclops Mike Foxtrot's!".

Also, we once followed a "helicopter" doing over 600 knots for quite a few hours out of boredom at a fire base. Not bad for a mechanical bumblebee in terms of speed or endurance. It was either the Borg probe or a glitch reinforcing the "Foxtrot Ups can happen here; rarely, but they can" that is sure written somewhere in the terms of use (insert " but WTH do Iknow" body language here).

Cheers y'all!!

Comment

Working...
            X