Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, here is what the MD site says :
    U.S. Passport - valid or expired less than 5 years
    I think that either your passport has been expired more than 5 years, of the DMV person was wrong.

Comment

California says unexpired...doesn't make sense to me, did your ID change with the date, Picture...(?)
      Step 1 of 5: Prove Your Identity

To apply for a REAL ID card, you must present one identity document, which shows your date of birth, true full name, and identity. Select ONE document you will use.

Select a document that has your current true full name (first, middle and last). An original document or certified copy is required.

Note: California law requires an applicant to provide true full name, which is the name that will appear on your physical DL or ID card.
      • Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card.
      • Certified copy of U.S birth certificate (issued by a city, county, or state vital statistics office).
      • U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad or Consular Report of Birth Abroad of U.S. Citizen.
      • Unexpired foreign passport with valid U.S. Visa and approved I-94 form.
      • Certified copy of birth certificate from a U.S. Territory.
      • Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of U.S. Citizenship.
      • Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card.
      • Valid/unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD) Card (I-766) or valid/expired EAD Card with Notice of Action (I-797 C).

Comment

I just renewed my NC driver's license, but didn't go through the REAL ID hassle. I use my passport.

Comment

Good you did that. Wouldn’t want to get ICEed in. :-)

Comment

Working...
          X