Great Cell Carrier for low usage folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Cell Carrier for low usage folks

I used to have 90% of my cell phone costs covered by my employer. That went away last summer. I researched a number of providers, and selected Ting. Ting is an MVNO - basically a carrier reseller. Ting provides services on either T-Mobile or Sprint. I chose to use T-Mobile as my underlying carrier. What works especially well for me is that I have two lines (myself, and my wife) and we want full features, but we tend to be pretty low usage. It is usage-based billing, and it is presented in a very clear fashion. Here's an example of the billing dashboard you can see. You can see my average monthly bill over the last 3 months has been under $40 for the two phones/lines.

If anyone wants to go this route - you and I can both get a little discount by using this code: https://zajrkt64pnl.ting.com/

Another good choice is Consumer Cellular. I have two phones with 150 shared minutes/month, and no web capability for $33.34/month net -- taxes and all. No contract, and great US-based customer service.
    Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

I got my Mom an account with Twigby and gave her my old I-phone5. $12 a month for 200 talk and 150MB data. Works on Sprint phones. Walmart has one that works on another provider.

Comment

I added my Dad to my T-mobile account. He had been doing Tracphone and others, and ending up with a new number ever year or so.

I called last spring, and the lady asked if I could wait a week. Sure, why? They had a promotion that gave a 3rd line free. Already had two lines on the plan. But can't beat that, unlimited talk, text, and data for FREE.

Comment

Working...
        X