Which iPad and Which ForeFlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be mainly for a C182.

There will be some typing and swiping, but I figure I can rest the base of my hand on the yoke or the edge of the device.

Since this will be used as in flight chart and approach plate, I would prefer to not have it leg mounted. But may try that just to be sure

If I were writing with pen or pencil, the yes, leg is better than yoke.

Comment

For active chart use, yoke is best. It’s why I put my paper Jepp iap printout on the yoke for use, same reason.

Comment

I use a yoke mount for my iPad Mini and really like it. I think it is the MyGoPilot mount, but there are others that work as well. It fits nicely in the yoke opening and can tilt easily to eliminate glare. My larger iPad was inconvenient... I had a mount but could not find a place where it did not block some of the panel. I used it more like a chart on the seat next to me when solo. The mini is the perfect size.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
          A related question, recommendations for a yoke mount for a mini?
          I use an older version of this RAM mount for my full-size iPad (10.5") used in Cessna C172, C182, and C210. They have a smaller "grabber" this is sized for the iPad mini as well. Very happy with it. https://www.sportys.com/ram-large-cl...0-x-gripa.html

Looking on the RAM site, it looks like this is the iPad mini size: https://www.rammount.com/mount-builder

Comment

I just ordered a Gen 9 iPad.

My Mini is Gen 2 and only 32 GB. And pretty full.

So much later gen, larger (eyes can use the help), and more storage space.

Comment

OK, I got the mount for the full sized iPad that John recommended. RAM yoke mount. It works well for that, but the connector piece is a little long and it sits a bit too close (C-182)

I also ended up getting the suction cup mount for my iPad Mini. That works well attached to the windscreen to the left of the panel.

I do wish that the RAM mounts were a bit more universally adjustable. Due to design, the adjustment at both ends are in the same plane. So sometimes I can't quite get the position I want.

I am going to play with both setups and see which is better. The yoke mount does let me use my right hand to tap and type, which is an advantage
              '

Comment

Working...
              X