Computer Log Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Log Books

As the other side of my other thread, it seems I need a new computer logbook program. I have found a few (listed below) that will convert my Aerolog data files to their system.

Is anyone using a computer logbook? Which one? What do you think of it, good and bad?

The ones I have found that will convert the data are:

Logbook Pro
    Safe Log

I use MyFlightBook, which is free (although I never see any ads), and I like it a lot. I am not sure if it will convert data.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
      As the other side of my other thread, it seems I need a new computer logbook program. I have found a few (listed below) that will convert my Aerolog data files to their system.

Is anyone using a computer logbook? Which one? What do you think of it, good and bad?

The ones I have found that will convert the data are:

Logbook Pro
      Safe Log
      I used Logbook Pro back in the W98 and NT days. I have no idea whether the "user experience" has since been "enhanced" to death. <rant>I do not need any of my experiences enhanced.</rant>
      Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

I'm using Safelog, Terry, and have been for the last 4-5 years. They were able to convert my records from old Flightsoft that few if any others could. I like 'em a lot, good usability across many platforms that synch up (e.g., ipad, Win10 devices).

Comment

Thanks to all.

Safe Log looks nice. I actually bought a subscription, but they files they want for conversion, so not exist in my AeroLog files. But I started from AeroLog III.

Safe Log answered my tech support question yesterday evening. They are going to have to send a group of another file extension to see what they can do.

I also heard from Polaris, they suggested I upgrade to version 3.x as it is freeware.

It that works, I can probably export as a CSV and upload into SafeLog. Or I can keep using AeroLog.

Comment

MyFlightBook can import CSV files.

Comment

The problem was, how to get the data out of AeroLog Pro. It does not seem to have a CSV export.

But both Logbook Pro and SafeLog have been able deal with the fact that I do not have a DBF file. If someone else comes along later, both if them can extract that data if you supply them with the ADT files. I zipped them and submitted them.

SafeLog sent me a CSV file to import. Logbook Pro will stuff the data in, if I purchase the software.

I think I am going with SafeLog.

Comment

Terry,

I see you found the unlocked aerolog program with I suggested in the other thread.

When I was having some problems with AeroLog last year, I exported some CSV files from Aerolog Pro which worked just fine. The only problem you might find is that AeroLog uses linked files to store the information on each aircraft and each pilot etc. So when you look at the CSV file of all the flight data you might see reference numbers to the aircraft rather than the actual tail number, or aircraft type in that file and you'd have to find a way to link the index reference to the other files with the detailed information. Not sure if I explained that very well, sorry.

Andy

Comment

Good luck, Terry....I'm excited that you may be getting back into flying.

Comment

OK, I got my info imported into SafeLog. Logbook Pro was also an option.

The bad news is, I have lost about 20 months of flying time. Mostly in the T-34. I captured Oshkosh 1999, but am missing Sun n Fun 2000 and 2001. Oshkosh 2000. An airshow at FDK in summer 2000. And another one in Springfield MA in 2000. And I am not sure what other flying I had done. It was all in my logbook , which did not survive the crash.

Oh well.

I am in the process of rejoining CAP.

CAP is not the CAP of my previous experience. They have a LOT more aircraft. Mainly 172 and 182. And the local squadron is looking for people who want to fly the aircraft, as they have minimum time requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                      The bad news is, I have lost about 20 months of flying time.
                      Ouch. Any idea why? Was it never inputted, or was something lost in the conversion?

Comment

No, I just never entered it into the computer. I was keeping the paper log book as primary.

I thought I only lost that last trip to Sun n Fun, as I was not keeping the logbook up for the long weekend.

I could probably fudge up some times by day for the main things (Sun n Fun and Oshkosh). Figuring getting there. Getting back. Probably 4 hours a day for the T-34 formation days. Then an hour for the shows.

It is not like the time really makes a difference. It was all over 20 years ago, and is not needed for any ratings. Even if I wanted to do my ATP, I have enough time logged for that.

Comment

Working...
                        X