Shutting Her Down for Upgrades: Midnight ET, 11/3/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutting Her Down for Upgrades: Midnight ET, 11/3/19

Folks: We're closing the Sig on Sunday at midnight ET to install & test a vBulletin version upgrade. If all goes according to plan we'll be back up by Sunday evening. Thank you for your patience! (Edited for clarity and all reasonable future confusion).

Good luck with it, Mike. So down at 0400Z on 3 Nov?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
      Good luck with it, Mike. So down at 0400Z on 3 Nov?
      Correct. (My ET roots are showing here ).

Comment

WHAT!?! A whole Day without the ‘Sig?? I shall try to cope, but may need an intervention.

Good luck.

Comment

We're closing the Sig on Sunday at midnight to install & test a vBulletin version upgrade. If all goes according to plan we'll be back up by Sunday evening.
          Down for a week??

Comment

Did he mean midnight Sat or 0001 Sunday, or midnight Sunday with Monday seconds later ?(scratching head)

Comment

Midnight is another way of saying 00:00, which would be the first minute of the day. Therefore, midnight on Sun, Nov 3, would be referring to 00:00 on 11/3/2019, which would coincide with Scott D's 0400z, assuming both he and the server are on eastern time. Of course, if someone tells me to be somewhere at midnight on a Sunday, I'm apt to assume they mean Sunday night and would politely decline on account of needing to be up early for work on Monday. <g>

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
                Did he mean midnight Sat or 0001 Sunday, or midnight Sunday with Monday seconds later ?(scratching head)
                11 P.M. on Saturday night in Dallas.
                I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
                48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Let me rephrase that. Everybody please go out tonight and have an epic time on the town while AVSIG is closed to posting. Post your mug shots tomorrow night (forum willing) and be automatically entered in our First Unannual What I Did While the Sig Was Down Contest*

*Open to all AVSIG members, member friends, assignees, and pets. Double entries for mug shots arising out of incidents at Chuck E. Cheeses. Waffle House incidents excluded. All entries due by 0400Z on 4 Nov 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Overly View Post
                    Let me rephrase that.
                    Ya' know something (now that I think about it), prolly been a whole lotta things that I said during my lifetime that I wished I could'a said that about! Chuckle.

best, randy

Comment

Buenas noches.....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
                        Buenas noches.....
                        Gracias! Y mismo para usted, siesta ahora!

best, randy

Comment

So, Mike. How is the new bionic forum leg working out?

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post
                            So, Mike. How is the new bionic forum leg working out?
                            We probably need to add the proper 70s sound effects . We did manage to cut Russian spam registrations in the moderation queue down to three from the nightly 200+. We're going to have another go this weekend and see if we can't flank these little rascals.

Comment

I spent the time riding in an A330 from CDG - ACC - OUA.

Watching about 12 episodes of Season 8 of Big Bang Theory.

Comment

Working...
                              X