X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy Sohn View Post
    Chuckle, why? So you too can be hollered at and be abused? <g>
    best, randy
    Na, the wisdom proffered vs abuse disseminated ratio is very favorable here. Furthermore what little abuse there is, is of such a high caliber <g>

Regards,
    Tom Charlton

"The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Charlton View Post
      Na, the wisdom proffered vs abuse disseminated ratio is very favorable here. Furthermore what little abuse there is, is of such a high caliber <g>
      Chuckle, "NS, L"

best, randy

Comment

Radio Check

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Broome View Post
          Radio Check
          10-4, comin' in loud and clear, good buddy.

Comment

Radio Check
            "Loud & Clear", but anyhow, lookin' over there to the left, what's "public guest" supposed to mean?

best, randy

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Sohn View Post

"Loud & Clear", but anyhow, lookin' over there to the left, what's "public guest" supposed to mean?

best, randy
              It means Mr. Broome isn't a member of Avsig but is commenting in a section that is visible to the public and doesn't required Avsig membership.

Comment

Roger Randy! My first adventure here and I can’t answer my status board. I just gotta feeling that once I figure this out nobody will remember I was a virgin on the forum. Until now! <happy grin>

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Duxbury View Post
                  Randy and I are all weather
                  Well, gotta tell'ya the truth, the Chevrolet is!

best, randy

Comment

So we had a studio visitor today who just took delivery of his brand new Cessna 182T. He is a very qualified owner operator. And yet he had never been inside the cockpit of an airliner until today. He said he is getting used to the Garmin G-1000 electrics but misses the old steam gauges. Comparing notes from my experience with Glass we both agreed today’s kids certainly have an amazing new World Of Aviation to play with and enjoy. (Free commercial for Bro Malm here, hear?)

He he slid into the left seat of our Boeing 727-222A and first noted the cockpit size was much smaller than he imagined. And he had never seen the big FD-109 Flught Directors. The 108s were our original delivery at United Air Lines but his previous Flight Directors in earlier personal aircraft were not typically Collins branded. He said he has owned 25 different aircraft. Mercy!

Comment

Roger Randy! My first adventure here and I can’t answer my status board. I just gotta feeling that once I figure this out nobody will remember I was a virgin on the forum. Until now! <happy grin>
                      Hi Rick,
                      Welcome to Avsig. Lots of interesting folks here with quality input. Look’n forward to get’n ta know ya.

Regards,
                      Tom Charlton
                      "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Rick Broome
                        Rick Broome commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Many thanks! I am a determined Ancient Pelican and eager to learn.

Barry Schiff celebrates his birthday tomorrow with family and friends at Livermore airport. Miss Billie and I have been family friends for over 50 years. He will recapture his 16th birthday solo — and other personal milestones— in the same Aeronca Champ N81881 in which Barry soloed on June 23, 1954. This is the same Air Knocker he took his first flight instruction when he began flying at age 14. A lot of us Ancient Pelicans share similar stories. A gathering of family and friends will witness this milestone event. And some will also hopefully get to fly with Barry too. Temps are forecast to be 101. Whew! Here is the site of the FBO assisting in this history. http://www.attitudeaviation.com/

More forthcoming soon in AOPA PILOT.

Comment

I am here and it was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Mase Taylor View Post
                          I am here and it was fun!
                          Hi Mase,
                          Next stop: Dilute . . . Right?

Regards,
                          Tom Charlton

Comment

I wish. We'll see.

Comment

he had never seen the big FD-109 Flught Directors
                              Guess that we were lucky, all our 72s at North Central/Republic had the FD-109s. Someone told me that ours were the last ones built, other then the freighters to FedEx from Beoing. So Boeing just sent them out the door with the sheepskin seats, big FDs, -17 engines and all that stuff. Try'n now to recall the weights, IIRC, had an allowable gross ramp weight of 198,000#.

best, randy

Comment

Working...
                              X