X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Gorrell
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
    Thanks John. There’s some arrogance involved. When one tries to nicely point something out; he knows more (in his opinion).
    An arrogant pilot? I've never heard of such a thing!

Leave a comment:

• Dave Siciliano
    replied
    Thanks John. There’s some arrogance involved. When one tries to nicely point something out; he knows more (in his opinion).

Leave a comment:

• John O'Shaughnessy [FCM]
    replied
    Is it legal to fly on instruments and make instrument approaches using the I-Pad v something like a Garmin 530? I have someone not updating the Garmin data cards because they use ForeFlight with an I -Pad. Scratching head.
    He can do what he wants, but if there is an issue, they'll say he was not using approved equipment. So in the casual sense, what he is doing is not legal for approaches.

I use the iPad with ForeFlight (and current charts) all the time, but if I'm flying an approach I'm looking at the needles in the panel, which are driven by the certified and tested Garmin 650 with current database cards installed and approved in the aircraft.

I do occasionally set up and fly the approaches (in VFR conditions with a safety pilot) on the iPad, just to see if I can do it -- but it would be an emergency/equipment failure situation before I would choose to use them.
    Last edited by John O'Shaughnessy [FCM]; 03-10-2020, 16:19.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Siciliano
    replied
    Thanks. I’ll look at that!

Leave a comment:

• Larry sreyoB
    replied
    Is it legal to fly on instruments and make instrument approaches using the I-Pad v something like a Garmin 530? I have someone not updating the Garmin data cards because they use ForeFlight with an I -Pad. Scratching head.
    Refer him to AIM 1-2-3. b.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Siciliano
    started a topic Instrument approaches on I-pad

Instrument approaches on I-pad

Working...
X