Oldly Going...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldly Going...

Not a big fan of billionaires proclaiming themselves to be astronauts, especially for a 10-minute suborbital experience, but this is still pretty damn funny:

Click image for larger version

Name:	kirk.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	21629

What do you bet that Picard will get to fly on a longer/higher flight before too long?

Comment

Make it so!

Comment

The meme had a second part....Picard with Q in the background, as usual lording it over Picard....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	blue origin uniforms.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	21634

Comment

Aren't those the class B enlisted? aka: sacrificial?

Comment

Their ranks are never mentioned. But it seemed that there were no enlisted.

And that the red shirts die more than others is urban legend

"Star Trek" fans use the term "redshirt" to refer to anonymous, expendable security guards who get killed on the series to move the plot along. But is the idea that characters in red shirts are most likely to die on "Star Trek" actually backed by data?

Based on u/LodlopSeputhChakk's chart, red-shirt-wearing officers do indeed make up the largest percentage of deaths on the "Star Trek" series. Red shirt deaths, however, only lead by a small margin: red-shirted officers may claim 32.3% of "Star Trek" deaths, but officers wearing yellow shirts also take up 29.1%.

Comment

Easy to tell thee was a nonagenerian aboard. The thing was driven far too slowly to reach orbit, let alone warp, and the turn signal was blinking the whole time.
                Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Comment

Excellent. Not just an astronaut, but a time traveler. The paradox is always explained as "what if I kill my father", but this is "what if I scare the sh1t out of myself?"

Before becoming the object of endless parody, he was a pretty good journeyman actor. Here with Spencer Tracy in Judgement at Nuremberg

Click image for larger version  Name:	Nuremberg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.8 KB ID:	21663
                    Last edited by B.Butler; 10-23-2021, 18:31.

Comment

Originally posted by B.Butler View Post
                      Excellent. Not just an astronaut, but a time traveler. The paradox is always explained as "what if I kill my father", but this is "what if I scare the sh1t out of myself?"
                      A lot of people have done that without time travel.

Comment

Working...
                      X