Cessna 340s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing on, I received a copy of my credit report. It’s generally what I thought with a twist. I refinanced a mortgage with the same bank. While they prepared paperwork, no payments were made. They said it was fine and they added missed interest to the new loan. They said no adverse report was made to the credit agency. But, the agency categorized the loan as an adverse account. So, through no fault of my own, I get to be everyone’s secretary to prepare and send info to correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
      Continuing on, I received a copy of my credit report. It’s generally what I thought with a twist. I refinanced a mortgage with the same bank. While they prepared paperwork, no payments were made. They said it was fine and they added missed interest to the new loan. They said no adverse report was made to the credit agency. But, the agency categorized the loan as an adverse account. So, through no fault of my own, I get to be everyone’s secretary to prepare and send info to correct.
      Dave,

I am not talking about your loan, but the credit policy I had to operate under when I was in banking and a commercial lender.

Basically the policy was anytime missed interest payments had to be rolled into a loan renewal, the loan automatically became a classified loan by definition and required special approval from the bank's credit policy officer. The bank was following federal/state banking guidelines that were in effect at the time.
      I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
      48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Bill: Thanks for your insight. The loan officer couldn’t get docs done in a timely manner. Wouldn’t accept payments until the new docs were ready. I offered to pay it off. They said several times it wasn’t a problem. She said she called her folks and they wouldn’t report it. I actually had several folks that wanted the loan, but kept it with them. I had some other issues with them too I won’t go into. I may just have to pay it off or at least limit new business. This was during the PPP program and she said she was really backed up.

Comment

Quite the pain, Dave. I hate having to fight rear-guard clean up actions like this. I really miss my work secretary when I do!

Comment

Thanks Scott. I seem to be doing a lot more of that. Other folks don’t do something correctly that affects me and I have to fix it. I’m just going to pull back a bit and simplify my life a bit. As much as I enjoy doing some things, having to take time out to fix stuff I didn’t do is on my elimination list.

Comment

Thanks Scott. I seem to be doing a lot more of that. Other folks don’t do something correctly that affects me and I have to fix it. I’m just going to pull back a bit and simplify my life a bit. As much as I enjoy doing some things, having to take time out to fix stuff I didn’t do is on my elimination list.
              I hear you Dave. I've got my own stuff (but not business like you) and two estates that I'm administering that take a bunch of correspondence. And then there's DL giving me a run-around about refunding the Lima/ATL/LGA leg of my trip from Peru. So far I'm about 60% whole, but along with DL there's the DOT and a Senate office that I'm corresponding with.....

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. Being stuck in Peru had to really be tough. Didn’t realize you were still dealing with effects of that. I’ve done estates that were a labor of love. Bigger institutions all had their own way of dealing with executors. Most good, but some....geesh.

Comment

Bill: Thanks for your insight. The loan officer couldn’t get docs done in a timely manner. Wouldn’t accept payments until the new docs were ready. I offered to pay it off. They said several times it wasn’t a problem. She said she called her folks and they wouldn’t report it. I actually had several folks that wanted the loan, but kept it with them. I had some other issues with them too I won’t go into. I may just have to pay it off or at least limit new business. This was during the PPP program and she said she was really backed up.
                  Argh. Had stuff like that with a bank which was once a small, friendly bank in a tiny town. Knew most all the staff personally. Then they got delusions of grandeur to be acheved via growth through acquisition. Comptetence went away, as did caring about customer service.

Thirty years later, I was with another excellent small bank in Philadelphia (hard to find such). The third-generation CEO took the money and ran by selling out to the very critters I mentioned above. They were, and are, still incompetent and uncaring. I'm with a small credit union now, and happy again.

Not enough space here for what the big guys (e.g. Mellon Bank) did to me as executor of my father's estate after he died insolvent and owing them a couple thou. If the head office is not within a twenty minute drive, I ain't a customer.
                  Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

I hate cleaning up after someone else's incompetence. Things breaking on their own is enough.
                    Last edited by Russell Holton; 07-11-2020, 21:53.

Comment

Dave, Almost forgot. You're welcome to my closing line of letters which throughouly explain the ongoing obtuseness:

If you should choose to file this matter where I would most like you to file it, a sterile lubricant may facilitate insertion.
                      Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Dr. Brent Blue and I are in touch. He is selling his 340.

Comment

Bank officer was very apologetic about them reporting a late payment to the credit folks. She said she had asked and been told that wouldn't happen. She said she would look into what she could do and would be happy to write something on her letterhead stating the loan was never in arrears. I filed a dispute with Transonion. We'll see if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tackett View Post

Argh. Had stuff like that with a bank which was once a small, friendly bank in a tiny town. Knew most all the staff personally. Then they got delusions of grandeur to be acheved via growth through acquisition. Comptetence went away, as did caring about customer service.

Thirty years later, I was with another excellent small bank in Philadelphia (hard to find such). The third-generation CEO took the money and ran by selling out to the very critters I mentioned above. They were, and are, still incompetent and uncaring. I'm with a small credit union now, and happy again.

Not enough space here for what the big guys (e.g. Mellon Bank) did to me as executor of my father's estate after he died insolvent and owing them a couple thou. If the head office is not within a twenty minute drive, I ain't a customer.
                            That was sweet.

Comment

In my continuing effort to get my credit score fixed after refinancing, the bank said today they put in a fix yesterday. Today, my score dropped 5 more points

Comment

In my continuing effort to get my credit score fixed after refinancing, the bank said today they put in a fix yesterday. Today, my score dropped 5 more points
                                Keep callin', we'll fix it some more.

Comment

Working...
                                X