CAP-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAP-10

OK, so I last year I was crazy enough to buy an airplane. And since there is no better way to validate something crazy you did is to repeat it.

So, finally, after a long road, the sales agreement is signed on my second airplane. And no, I am not getting rid of the Mooney. The Mooney is great, and I am really enjoying it, but it isn't happy flying upside down.

So I am buying a Mudry CAP-10. Made famous being flown by the French Connection airshow team. It will a while before it is in my hands, as it has to be shipped from Hawaii.

The plan is to offer Unusual Attitude/Upset Recovery and basic aerobatic training.

Attached Files

Very nice!

Comment

Congratulations Terry! There are meds that can help.

Do you have a guy in Hawaii skilled in containerizing things like airplanes? Or are you sending a guy from the lower 48 to do that? I hear it's quite a skill with special jigs and all.

Comment

French Connection was one of the first acts I remember seeing regularly at Oshkosh back in the late 1980s.

Comment

Nice. Will definitely improve pilots' attitudes. I found that basic aerobatics also helps private pilots cure fear of stalls. I used to start with swindling such a student into a "departure stall" at a speed such that the plane loops instead. That tends to flip the switch from fear to fun.
          Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
            Congratulations Terry! There are meds that can help.

Do you have a guy in Hawaii skilled in containerizing things like airplanes? Or are you sending a guy from the lower 48 to do that? I hear it's quite a skill with special jigs and all.
            The seller has a guy that has experience with making the supports to ship planes. Sale agreement is that it isn't my problem until it is safely here and on the ground.

Comment

Also, I was looking at buying a fun car, like a BMW M2, but the CAP-10 is cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                Also, I was looking at buying a fun car, like a BMW M2, but the CAP-10 is cheaper.
                You also get fewer speed limits and lane restrictions, plus a third maneuvering dimension with the CAP-10, compared to any model BMW.
                Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

And I already have my 2002 M3. And my 1995 M3 LTW collector car. So need to get the car/airplane ratio more balanced.

Comment

Also, to the remaining die hard AVSIGgers, come visit and get a ride/lesson. On me.

Comment

Finally some serious progress. Plane is being disassembled for shipment. WOO HOO.

Comment

Congratulations Terry!

Comment

Hi Terry,
                          What engine is used in the CAP-10? I’ve never flown one. Got’a be a heap of fun and a great way to play in the three dimensional world we love. Hmm . . . not much for negative Gs anymore <grin>
                          "The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

AEIO-360, 180 HP. Full inverted fuel and oil. Fixed pitch Hoffman composite prop.

Some good PIREPs out there. Here are a couple.

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepCAP10.html

https://aeroresourcesinc.com/uploads/198307-1983%20Avions%20Mudry%20CAP%2010B.pdf

Also, a number of videos on You Tube.

Comment

Wings are off for shipping

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6572[1].jpg
Views:	95
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	25025Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6574[1].jpg
Views:	84
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	25026