CAP-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wings will be painted like the ones on the wall before reassembly.

The wings on the wall are the original all wood wings. They are subject to a repetitive inspection AD.

The ones coming with it are the newer C wings with carbon fiber spar. No AD, but life limited. But 5600 hours should be plenty. Guy I am purchasing from misunderstood the limits for painting. The factory requires the skin over the spar +/-50mm to remain white.

C wing is stiffer and has larger ailerons. Faster and crisper rolls and stopping rolls. Dual spades on then for light stick forces.

Comment

How long was the a/c in Hawaii, Terry?

Comment

I am not sure. A while.

But the good thing is, it is a wood airplane, so corrosion is not an issue.

Comment

That's excellent...I didn't know how the CAPs are constructed. Muy bueno.

Comment

Is it here yet Terry? Have ya got it?

Comment

It was supposed to be loaded into the container last weekend. And shipped this week.

They are supposed to take picture of the loading process (so we can reverse when it arrives) and a photo just before the doors are closed to be able to compare it see if anything moved.

Supposedly, once it ships they will have an ETA.

Comment

Thanks Terry! At least it's coming via the Horn of Africa!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
                  Thanks Terry! At least it's coming via the Horn of Africa!
                  Maybe.

Best case would be a week from HI to Long Beach and week on a truck cross country. I expect at least 4 - 6 weeks, once it is shipped.

But likely it will show up in about 8-weeks, so I will be dealing with acceptance flights and learning the new avionics in the Mooney, and getting the CAP-10 assembled, test flown and me checked out.

Comment

That, my friend, is a first world problem.

Comment

Just got word, container was picked up today. Supposed to be on a ship on the 12th. Arrive West Coast 18th. 13 -16 days to 0W3.

So should arrive early Feb.

Comment

Great!

Comment

Loaded on the ship, and the ship is sailing to Oakland. Vessel tracking says Jan 17 arrival.

Shipping company says 1 - 2 days to unload, then 1 - 3 days before truck picks it up.

Comment

Name of ship so I can track...???

Comment

George III

In the middle of the ocean, tracking data is only available via sat, and they charge $5 per 24 hour access, or $109 for a month.

GEORGE III, Container Ship - Details and current position - IMO 9837092 - VesselFinder

If you pay the $5 to see where it is right now, let me know the position. I may break down and check tomorrow, but the tracker site said expected ETA was Wednesday, Jan 17.

Last land based position check, it was making 20 knots, so it may arrive early. FF says KHNL - KOAK is 2093 miles direct.

Comment

I was going to use the free checking through land-based sensors, yeah the mid-ocean stuff is pricey for cargo ships (some pax have websites with something close to current position).

Thanks for the name!

Comment

Working...
                                X