Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that would have been nice.

Comment

FRIDAY. The container will be delivered Friday morning between 9 and 10 AM. WOOHOO.

Comment

Very good!

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
          FRIDAY. The container will be delivered Friday morning between 9 and 10 AM. WOOHOO.
          Do you get to keep the container, or do they come back for it after it's unloaded? I bought a 20 footer as a cheap ($2500) way to enlarge my garage/workshop by 50%. It holds SWMBO's garden stuff, freeing my woodworking shop to be exactly that. It's a great investment if you need one. The only other money I spent was for a ground rod and a chunk of 6 gauge wire for a modicum of lightning protection. Labor included laying a level stone/timber foundation which supports only the perimeter.

Of course, the exciting stuff is inside the container. All luck and success with it.
          Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

I didn't ask to keep it. I did call to have it picked up.

Comment

IT'S HERE.

Photo of it coming out of the container. Got it all in my hangar. Now, just have to get it put together before the Mooney comes back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2432.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	25350

Took a look over with my mechanic. Found a couple of issues I need to discuss with the seller. A more in depth look starting the middle of next week.

Comment

IKEA can help with pictorial instructions. Congrats on getting it in hand.

Comment

Thanks. Luckily, I have the assembly instructions.

Comment

Everything is agreed upon and signed. Only the paperwork to make the airplane officially mine.

Comment

Whoo Hoo! Great news. What more do you need to do before flying it?

Comment

Mainly put it together, but there are some small repairs that need to be done. The harnesses seem to be original, so need to get them rewebbed.

The prop was damaged. I need to order a new one, but my mechanic found one I can borrow for now. Lead time on the prop is 20 weeks. Hoffmann from Germany.

Comment

A loaner is great in that situation. I am thinking ahead to the late spring annual, with a prop IRAN. If it needs to be replaced I've checked lead time on new, which is acceptable at a couple of weeks (at least today). We've got to be proactive in scoping these potential delays out, for advance ordering OR calibrating our expectations.

Comment

Payments made and paperwork filed with the FAA. It is officially mine.

Yes, lead times can be crazy.

Comment

Fun coming soon! Congratulations. Was the prop damaged in transit, or was there a strike?
                              Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

It seems to have been rubbed by the spinner. But a previous spinner, as the current one doesn't have any appropriate rub marks. I can't believe the seller was flying it like this and that it passed a couple of annuals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2440.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	25426Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2476.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	25427

Comment

Working...
                                X