COMCAST!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephanie Belser View Post
    Same here. I couldn't log in until I switched over to a VPN.
    Same old, same old.

Comment

Still no issues here, with or without ExpressVPN. My Comcast works fine.

Comment

Still having issues at work. Seems fine in the morning, but before end of day it goes out. It's almost like I'm being routed though someone's work machine on the East Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post
          It's almost like I'm being routed though someone's work machine on the East Coast.
          What's the last URL you see when you do a tracert dev.avsig.com, and the final IP address that it doesn't reach?
          Last edited by Ralph Jones; 09-09-2020, 17:15.

Comment

The last named hop (#14) eqix-da1.a100.1.com
            the last listed IP (#26) 52.95.2.194

Comment

OK, that differs from the one where I lose it, so this is something happening in multiple places.

Comment

I would love to bring some tracert data here for the experts, but tracert never gets anywhere, even with perfectly reachable sites. Out of 30 hops, I get 20+ timeouts, which is definitely not the case when I use a browser to visit a site. It's generally instantaneous. I looked at the tracert command line options, but none seemed relevant to the issue.
                Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

I'm not having any issues reaching the forum. I'm also on Comcast. Here's a screen grab from PingPlotter -- a neat tool combing Ping and Traceroute output. The destination is unreachable with Ping, so ICMP echo must be disabled somewhere along the route, but at least it shows my path through Comcast to whatever network is 52.93.x.y

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 4.42.53 PM.png
Views:	170
Size:	532.1 KB
ID:	18632

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tackett View Post
                    I would love to bring some tracert data here for the experts, but tracert never gets anywhere, even with perfectly reachable sites. Out of 30 hops, I get 20+ timeouts, which is definitely not the case when I use a browser to visit a site. It's generally instantaneous. I looked at the tracert command line options, but none seemed relevant to the issue.
                    Don't know much about routing, but I wouldn't be surprised if a bad table sends my packets in to a dead-end tree where the only route is the one it just came from.

Comment

Here are my Tracert without and with my VPN.

The one starting with IP 192.168.1.1 is without VPN

Click image for larger version  Name:	Trace Route wo-VPN.JPG Views:	0 Size:	153.6 KB ID:	18644
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                        Here are my Tracert without and with my VPN.
                        Similar to mine. Took a lot of time, and you never arrived at the destination IP. You'll see the same for something local to you, like a local TV station. Doesn't matter whether a site is actually reachable via a browser, that's the stuff you get from tracert.

Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

It does only 30 lines. So that can limit things.

Comment

is there a way to stop the Tracert window from closing? There're other places that I reach in a dozen hops or so. Avsig, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanie Belser View Post
                              is there a way to stop the Tracert window from closing? There're other places that I reach in a dozen hops or so. Avsig, not so much.
                              Open a "CMD" (aka DOS Box) and then do Tracert from there. When Tracert is done, it drops you back to the command line and the box stays open.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post

Open a "CMD" (aka DOS Box) and then do Tracert from there. When Tracert is done, it drops you back to the command line and the box stays open.
                                Thanks. It worked. Here's Avsig and the Pistol Forum for comparison:

Name:	tracert-avsig.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	18681

Name:	tracert-pf.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	18682

I use Opera's VPN, I'm presuming that tracert is running outside of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X