Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill Bridges View Post
    Never been to Wake
    First time I ever went into Wake was when I was flying as CP on a VC-54D (one of the VIP bitds we had at Offutt AFB at Omaha), been try'n to recall if that was where that shipwreckage was just off-shore?

best, randy

Comment

Originally posted by Gil Buettner View Post

used to cross the Big Pond at 9000 eastbound and 10,000 going west
      Yup - chuckle!

best, randy (a "Buc-buc-buhgwhhhaackkkkk" squawk from the chicken here)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Charlton View Post
        read and assimilate the teachings of JD
        Thomasina, sure was great to see someone here mention John!

best, randy

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
          Just being a devil's advocate, how many of us have had a cruise flight engine failure?
          *raises hand*

Comment

Do tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
              Do tell?
              I'm pretty sure Steph is referring to her engine out landing at Kingston/Ulster (20N), a nasty little field for that type of activity. She described it on Avsig at the time, and I shake my head whenever I fly over that field.

Comment

Had to shut down an engine about 200 miles out over the Atlantic at night because of a fire warning. We immediately did a 180 and were losing altitude. The other three got us back to Langley where we learned the problem was a defective fire warning system. But we had emptied two bottles of extinguisher into that engine, so it wasn't going to run again for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Gil Buettner View Post
                  Had to shut down an engine about 200 miles out over the Atlantic at night because of a fire warning. We immediately did a 180 and were losing altitude. The other three got us back to Langley where we learned the problem was a defective fire warning system. But we had emptied two bottles of extinguisher into that engine, so it wasn't going to run again for a while.
                  In SE Asia we would get a Fire Warning from time to time in the UH-1s. Normally it was a false alarm caused by the heat from that tropical paradise. We were so jaded that every time we would get a Fire Alarm we'd have the CE lean out and check to see if we were burning.
                  I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam
                  48th AHC 1971-72

Comment

Working...
                  X