Cessna 340s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to Keating the new systems. This has aux fuel. 203 total.

Comment

Locker tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Siciliano View Post
        Locker tanks.
        I figured, from the 203. Also the 30 gallon aux tanks. Know your pumps, where they'll pump fuel from, and where they won't, and know your sequence of use. I never flew with the locker tanks, just the 30 gallon aux tanks. One hour from the mains, switch to aux till empty, back to mains.

You've probably done the homework already, and know all this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cole Loftus View Post

I figured, from the 203. Also the 30 gallon aux tanks. Know your pumps, where they'll pump fuel from, and where they won't, and know your sequence of use. I never flew with the locker tanks, just the 30 gallon aux tanks. One hour from the mains, switch to aux till empty, back to mains.

As previously mentioned, same system as a C310. When I flew charter from Palm Beach in 310s, I would mess with the line guys. They had a standing order to top the mains after each flight (make sure you say tip tanks). If I had aux fuel, I would want to burn it off in case we had a heavy trip come up. So on the way back from wherever, I would switch to the aux tanks..( for non 310 flyers, excess fuel from the fuel injection returns to the mains). and watch the sniffle valves for venting fuel, and then switch back to the mains. So the mains would be full, or a little over full when the line guys popped the caps to top it off. I was usually there doing my careful postflight... I would tell them I took, in flight refueling...
          I don't know who came up with the name sniffle valve, but it is the vent on top of the tip tank (main).

Comment

Originally posted by Cole Loftus View Post

Now that I'm thinking about it, I believe it was one hour with the 20s, 1.5 hours with the 30 gallon aux tanks. I seem to remember allowing for about half that aux fuel flow ending up in the mains, through the return lines.

Comment

I really don't know these systems, but plan to hit the books. My mechanic has a lot of time in them and says he'll help. I was used to running mains in the A-26; then, turning on tips that pumped into the mains. This is a bit more complicated, but I'm used to logging time on each tank on trips. Nice factory wing locker tanks on this that just look cleaner. RAM VII engines. Old plane with good bones from what I can tell.

Comment

Dave,

Once you sort out the fuel system it'll seem dirt simple to you forever. Use the mains first, for 1 to 1.5 hours (depending on the size of the aux tanks) and then run the auxes down all the way (or as far as you want), use the mains for landing. If you lose an engine, the good engine can't get at the fuel in the aux tank on the dead engine side.

Really like the 310 and 340, but always felt that they had sharp edges when it came to handling - don't know why I feel that phrase is appropriate, but I just do. If I hadn't flown one for two or three weeks, I always spent a few moments before takeoff making sure I was completely focused because it sometimes felt like the airplane could run out from under me if I weren't on my game. Only other airplane that gave me that feeling was a Lear. (Then again, a lot of my takeoffs in 310s and 340s were from the Cessna Pawnee Delivery center where you had to turn crosswind not higher than 300 feet AGL - due to McConnell AFB traffic pattern - and stay at that altitude until something like five miles east. It was a high workload departure.)

Comment

Appreciate the tip Rick. Each of these have their little gotchas. I’ll try to sort them out quickly. I’m used to turning at 400 feet here at Addison.

Comment

Can’t do a test or demo flight as the plane is out of annual. Credit score dropped over 100 points. Am trying to find out why. Broker took out contract language addressing and clarifying what airworthiness issues are the seller would repair. Suggests we just do the annual: then, discuss who pays for what. With the virus flaring up again, a potential partner pulled back. May be best to step back and get some things worked out.

Comment

Can’t do a test or demo flight as the plane is out of annual. Credit score dropped over 100 points. Am trying to find out why. Broker took out contract language addressing and clarifying what airworthiness issues are the seller would repair. Suggests we just do the annual: then, discuss who pays for what. With the virus flaring up again, a potential partner pulled back. May be best to step back and get some things worked out.
                      Yep. There's a definite aroma rising. If it's not too personal, what does "Credit score dropped over 100 points" mean in this context? I can't imagine your FICO score being anything but excellent, and an oral agreement about a purchase should have had no effect on that.
                      Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

I’ve sent for a credit report. Trans union was no help on the phone. From what I can tell, I recently refinanced with the same bank. Lower interest rate and payment. It looks like they put on a new loan and didn’t remove the old. I’ll verify before writing them to correct it. I become their secretary providing evidence of their err.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tackett View Post

Yep. There's a definite aroma rising. If it's not too personal, what does "Credit score dropped over 100 points" mean in this context? I can't imagine your FICO score being anything but excellent, and an oral agreement about a purchase should have had no effect on that.
                          Well, I did tell Dave that I'd eventually have to do something if he didn't pay me back that 5 bucks.

Comment

I’m sure glad it wasn’t more!

Comment

I’m sure glad it wasn’t more!
                              Me, too!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X