CAP-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually just A&P signoff, although my guy is also an IA, so he will sign off a fresh annual

Comment

IT FLIES

Mechanic did a short test flight yesterday. A couple of small thing before I start my checkout

Comment

Yay! I take it he has CAP10 time?

Comment

Over 80 hours. And a LOT of tailwheel and aerobatic time.

Ben Anderson is the crew chief for the YAK 110. He ensures that the aircraft is flight ready when the plane is on tour. Having been in aviation for over a

Comment

A good A&P to have on the job!

Comment

Yeap. LOTS of wood and tube and fabric experience. And a LOT of contacts.

Comment

I now have 2 flights, totaling 2.3 hours in the CAP-10. LOVELY airplane to fly. But I am having the most trouble with landings. Not the actualy landing, but the last part of the roll out, say under 20 MPH. Yesterday was better.

One issus may be the runway crown. We found out it is much better to land on one side or the other. And I am having the mechanic check the alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                  I now have 2 flights, totaling 2.3 hours in the CAP-10. LOVELY airplane to fly. But I am having the most trouble with landings. Not the actualy landing, but the last part of the roll out, say under 20 MPH. Yesterday was better.

One issus may be the runway crown. We found out it is much better to land on one side or the other. And I am having the mechanic check the alignment.
                  Glad you're getting flight time. If one side of the crown is better than the other, it could be alignment, asymmetric crown, or crosswind. Whatever it turns out to be, it's educational. An unchocked tailwheel airplane is always ready to jump up and bite you one way or another. Be alert. The world needs more lerts.

P.S. If landing across an intersecting runway which has a crown, either touch down past the intersection or be rolling slowly when you get to the intersection. Best case is KPNE, where landing in the most common two of the four possible directions lets you turn off before the intersection. Worst case is planting the mains just before the crown. KPHL RWY 35 manages to embarass GA pilots frequently. RWY 27R has a definite crown.
                  Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

Working...
                  X