Panel Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive. One item I don't understand. AFAIK fuel tank senders are pretty generic and labor-intensive to replace. What does that money buy?
    Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

I've been doing acceptance flights on my a/c, Terry, first on mechanical work, Thursday/Friday on the avionics. You will LOVE the Ceis senders, my goodness are they ever accurate and wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tackett View Post
        Impressive. One item I don't understand. AFAIK fuel tank senders are pretty generic and labor-intensive to replace. What does that money buy?
        They are stunningly accurate, compared to the generic senders. They don't bounce. They don't age-out as resistive senders do. They are so much better than using the gauges as rough confirmation of what time and fuel flow come up with as estimates of fuel use.

Comment

The big thing is, with the proper gauges (which the Garmin EIS or JPI or some simple gauges are) they are frequency based versus resistive.

If properly calibrated, they can be accurate to +/- 1 gallon.

Scott, you will need to fly down for lunch to show off your panel.

Comment

Terry - I wanna do that...doing the avionics acceptance flights on Thurs/Fri of this week. Then I've gotta get through next week's Westchester Aviation Assn's Safety Day that I'm running, plus the NBAA Regional event....then a couple of days of avionics familiarization....then Spokane (via Delta). And that's just June. But I'll get there.

Comment

I here you. I went on a 1 week work trip in March, that ended up being 3 weeks. Home 2 weeks. 2 weeks in Hawaii for some family things, then directly to Fort Lauderdale to catch a cruise for about 2 weeks to Baltimore. Then 1 week later, I am back on a work trip for 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
                Terry -- Main reason was that the G3X didn't fit in my panel without structural changes that would have required a DER. Secondary reason is that it's a better display, easily seen when the two are side by side in a classroom setting (Garmin factory training).
                Hmm... We got our G3XTouch into our 1978 210M without structural changes. At first our avionics shop thought that might be necessary, but our A&P figured out a way. We did have to change out the non-structural cover/top of the glare shield to raise it up a bit, and it is certainly a tight fit above the yoke. Having that big beautiful 10" display is really nice!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2827.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	968.1 KB
ID:	24387

Comment

Interesting, I think of the 210 panel is being quite large and high. But no issues with people putting them in Mooneys

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
                    Interesting, I think of the 210 panel is being quite large and high. But no issues with people putting them in Mooneys
                    It's super tight above the yoke to the glare shield.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Aaah, the yoke is up very high in the panel.

Comment

More avionics fam flying today, coupled and with the FD. The muscle memory is getting set pretty well. Tomorrow, a trip under IFR (probably fair weather and that's fine with me), gotta get it in before POTUS shuts our airport for a while in the late afternoon.

Comment

NICE.

G3X? And is that a 7 inch on the right side? I may consider that, but I picked up an AERA 760 for a good deal so thinking a dock for that.

What is on the far right? I see you kept a CDI also.
                          Terry - With 5 or 6 hours behind my new avionics now, one of the most impressive things is the EIS. While I've got Garmin, and you've got JPI for now, you probably have the same experience: the analog gauges, fully overhauled and compliant that I flew with for decades are so crude compared to the stability and accuracy of the EIS system. I am in awe of how delightful and easy to use they are. And how much better they are. For example, my MP gauge was always an inch or so off, despite calibration, while the EIS MP is dead-on the barometer. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. If you are still planning on the Garmin EIS, you won't be disappointed.....if you had all the space in the world it would make sense for you to keep the JPI, but the Garmin puts it all together for you on the PFD/MFD big screen.

Comment

The problem is, I put in an 830, knowing it was interim. I should have put in a 900 for primary, and kept it. I have flown the Garmin EIS in G1000, and it is nice, but I really like the JPI.

Comment

The problem is, I put in an 830, knowing it was interim. I should have put in a 900 for primary, and kept it. I have flown the Garmin EIS in G1000, and it is nice, but I really like the JPI.
                              Ahhh, I see what you did. The JPI does have that nice normalize feature (my old JPI700) that the Garmin EIS lacks. I'm still in awe of the wonderful digital presentation.

Comment

Plane came with a JPI 700. Which is pretty basic. So I put in the 830 to give me the download capability and the other readouts. Plus it adds input from the GPS to tell you how much you need to get to your destination.

And I was figuring on going the Garmin EIS, so I did not put in a 900 or 930, that could be primary.

Comment

Working...
                                X