Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Holton
    replied
    Back again in full force. A number of sections are showing "unread", (Kármán Line +, Drones, Maintenance, Instrument Flight, Medical/Human Factors, FAA Topics, Airline Travel, Flight Sims, Marketplace, and In Memoriam - I've only listed sections with invalid "unread" flags). This appeared in my Edge browser. It wasn't an old session. I just opened avsig and boom. My phone is logged out. My work machine may have a session open, but I was using it yesterday. There shouldn't be any other active sessions. So, I can't see how this is stale session data.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Carraway
    replied
    I use Chrome for accessing AVSIG from work or home, or even on my iPad.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Dyer HPN/NY
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Holton View Post
    In my case it was a near-daily use machine running Edge with no extensions.
    Mine is multi daily uses for Avsig with Chrome.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Holton
    replied
    Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
    This is the first time accessing AVSIG on this computer for over a month.
    In my case it was a near-daily use machine running Edge with no extensions.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Dyer HPN/NY
    replied
    Well, that was interesting. I noticed that the "Aircraft" section was lit up with a new message about a B-17 engine. But when I went into "Aircraft" a number of sub-sections (but not all) were lit up - despite having old messages. I went ahead and drilled down into the "Military Past & Present" section, read the (authentic) message, bounced back up to "Aircraft" and low and behold. everything went back to gray - as it should be. I'm surprised that reading a message in "Military Past & Present| cleared up the sibling sections.
    Same here.

This is the screen shot with the message sections lit, and with it the screen shot immediately after I read Andy's B-17 engine message. Note that none of the "lit up" message sections show in the "new since last visit" section on the right of the screen.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Carraway
    replied
    IT'S BBAAACCCCCKKKKKKKKKK. In Aircraft section, several subsections are lit up, even though there are no new messages.

This is the first time accessing AVSIG on this computer for over a month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	avsig.png
Views:	114
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	5079

Leave a comment:

• Russell Holton
    replied
    Well, that was interesting. I noticed that the "Aircraft" section was lit up with a new message about a B-17 engine. But when I went into "Aircraft" a number of sub-sections (but not all) were lit up - despite having old messages. I went ahead and drilled down into the "Military Past & Present" section, read the (authentic) message, bounced back up to "Aircraft" and low and behold. everything went back to gray - as it should be. I'm surprised that reading a message in "Military Past & Present| cleared up the sibling sections.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Holton
    replied
    It looks like our last complaint was on 6/10. I don't think I've had a problem since switching all sessions to "AVSIG". Maybe time to add in a few variables?

Leave a comment:

• Terry Carraway
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Overly View Post

You have been restored to Top Gunness. (You were a tragic victim of open enrollment automation ). As for the Aviation History flag, that's all about your browser session -- I can't clear those on this end.
    Thank yo usir.

OK, but it is set by flags from the site. And it automagically cleared itself.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Overly
    replied

Next time I get one, I will hit it. I can't remember if I tried it last time and what happened if I did.

BTW, why don't I get a Top Gun tag?????

The Aviation History section flag is now cleared, without me doing anything. Maybe you did.
    You have been restored to Top Gunness. (You were a tragic victim of open enrollment automation ). As for the Aviation History flag, that's all about your browser session -- I can't clear those on this end.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Carraway
    replied

Terry: Try hitting the "Mark Channels Read" link at the bottom of the main forum screen on an extensionless browser and let me know if your lit message flags unlight. The AVSIG theme you're using should have no effect on the message flags -- I spent a good deal of time in the guts of those during the forum setup, and they have -0- opportunity to intervene with forum function.

There may be contrast issues between stylesheets for some users/installations. For instance, the lit new message bubbles at the forum index level show up very clearly for me no matter what AVSIG style theme I use, however I can see where some people may primarily browse inside a specific discussion section (like Hangar Flying) and depend on unread message cues via the bolded text for threads with unread messages in that environment. In the case of AVSIG VFR and IFR, the bolded Courier font does not assert itself compared to the other styles. I will set the forum stylesheet default for "AVSIG" once we put the main page back together to minimize that issue.
    Next time I get one, I will hit it. I can't remember if I tried it last time and what happened if I did.

BTW, why don't I get a Top Gun tag?????

The Aviation History section flag is now cleared, without me doing anything. Maybe you did.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Sohn
    replied

Randy: We'll get the New Since Last up again shortly --
    Copy-copy, thanks Mike, been reading what you're working on here but am sure lost without that deal, must be a lot of messages that peeps here on Avsig are wondering why I haven't replied to, some of us are sorta technology deprived cuz I read their stuff and it goes w-a-y over my head!

best, randy

Leave a comment:

• John O'Shaughnessy [FCM]
    replied
    Just to add in another data point. As mentioned above, I read AVSIG on three different Macs running MacOS 10.13.5 (latest). I run whatever version of Safari is on those machines. I use the AVSIG VFR Blue theme. I never log out of AVSIG, but I just close the browser window. I occasionally use my iPhone or iPad, but that is rare.

And again, no flagging issues for me. With the old forum (SIG II) I'd occasionally have an issue, but manually catching up usually fixed it. It maybe happened 5-6 times a year.

John

Leave a comment:

• Scott Dyer HPN/NY
    replied
    On my work machine, I have Adblock, OneTab, Disable HTML Autoplay, and Video Speed Controller. I don't have any extensions on the phone because, well, it's a phone.

You might also ping Scott Dyer and Terry Carraway to see what they're running since they seem to have reported the same thing.

Something else I'm doing is using just "AVSIG" for my "Theme". If browser sessions are under suspicion, then I think themes are fair game. The AVSIG one seems the most "raw vBulletin".

Interestingly, the last time I saw this, I had switched one of my browsers back to the default "VFR Blue".
    I'm not using Adblock or anything like it, but have video speed control, track me not, office editing for docs sheets and slides, google calendar, library extension, and pdf extension, all in Chrome 66.0.3359.181 on 2 Win10/64 machines. I also occasionally use an iPad (latest sw) and even more rarely a Samsung Galaxy S9. I close the session window each time after logging out of Avsig.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Overly
    replied
    I'm default blue.

I have AdBlock on one machine, but not on this machine.

There are about 3 primary machines I access using. 2x Win 7 and one Win10.

When I travel, I also use a local office work computer (like now).

This issue has occured on every platform I have used.
    Terry: Try hitting the "Mark Channels Read" link at the bottom of the main forum screen on an extensionless browser and let me know if your lit message flags unlight. The AVSIG theme you're using should have no effect on the message flags -- I spent a good deal of time in the guts of those during the forum setup, and they have -0- opportunity to intervene with forum function.

There may be contrast issues between stylesheets for some users/installations. For instance, the lit new message bubbles at the forum index level show up very clearly for me no matter what AVSIG style theme I use, however I can see where some people may primarily browse inside a specific discussion section (like Hangar Flying) and depend on unread message cues via the bolded text for threads with unread messages in that environment. In the case of AVSIG VFR and IFR, the bolded Courier font does not assert itself compared to the other styles. I will set the forum stylesheet default for "AVSIG" once we put the main page back together to minimize that issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X