New Message notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post

I was able to clear the sections showing as containing new messages (that really weren't) by using Larry's method of opening the section in a new tab, opening the thread in which the alleged new message appeared, and then clicking on "Avsig" on the upper left part of the screen. I'm unsure whether the last step had any more effect than the sacrifice of an armadillo beneath a full moon.
    Just had to do all that again...seems to happen every week or two. I'm running out of armadillos.

Comment

Just had to do all that again.
      Before TapSIG, I did something similar without involving animal life.

I would work the "new since last visit" list from the bottom up, right click, and open in new tab. No need to repeat for the same topic -- just once per topic is fine, even if there are multiple replies.

Going bottom up gets you the oldest unread in the tab/topic, and you read down from there.

When finished with a tab, reading and perhaps replying, close it. When you're back to the first tab, log off. No need for lunar cycles or armadillos.

The problem I had was skipping stuff if the list was long. TapSIG's "new" view doesn't make mistakes.
      Bacon is the answer. I forgot the question.

Comment

I just had this happen with the Aircraft section.

Several sub sections had dark blue icons, but no new messages. And some, the last message was many months ago.

I had to open the top thread in each section to clear the icons. But the main section (Aircraft) icon is still shwoing dark blue.

I always back out to the main section.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Carraway View Post
          I just had this happen with the Aircraft section.

Several sub sections had dark blue icons, but no new messages. And some, the last message was many months ago.

I had to open the top thread in each section to clear the icons. But the main section (Aircraft) icon is still shwoing dark blue.

I always back out to the main section.
          I've got the same problem today, too.

Comment

And now, there are no unread subsection or threads, but the main Aircraft is showing unread items.

Comment

And now, there are no unread subsection or threads, but the main Aircraft is showing unread items.
              Terry - No matter what I do, I can't clear it of showing new items either.

Comment

I just hit Mark Channels Read at the bottom of the list of sub topics

That cleared it

Comment

I just hit Mark Channels Read at the bottom of the list of sub topics

That cleared it
                  Thanks, Terry. Worked for me too.

Comment

Just had another glitch.

EVERY section showed new messages, but most do not have any new messages. But to clear the Section tag, I have to open the thread with the latest post.

Comment

Terry, have you been logging in on devices other than one you usually use? I've seen some temporal connection to my Avsig access through my phone, or iPad, while I usually access via my laptop. Then, back on the laptop, sometimes I see the glitch. But not always....

Comment

Sometimes yes, but this time, no.

Comment

Sometimes yes, but this time, no.
                          So much for that theory....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Dyer HPN/NY View Post
                            Mike -- This morning, when I log into Avsig, a number of sections indicate that there are new messages in them (the filled in blue quote bubble) when in fact there are not.
                            Now it's my turn. A large number of sections are showing as "new" but they are not. Going in the section doesn't fix the problem. It's happening on my laptop and my phone, so it's my account, not my browser.

The only way I can clear it is be going into that section and opening a thread. It doesn't seem to matter which one. I just have to force it to check if everything is done. Simply going into the section and then going back (by clicking on Avsig in the 'path') doesn't do it.

I'm not seeing a rhyme or reason as to what sections are affected. If you recently moved a bunch of threads, that might be it.

Comment

This is the same thing I saw a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Had it happen again. But this time just the Hot Section. Was a message created then deleted from there in the last 24 hours?

Comment

Working...
                                X